Here are some more great holiday game from Carrie at Horsepower! Thank you so much for sharing Carrie! I love how she incorporates life lessons into her games : )
- Shamrocks – cut out shamrocks, write plus or minus points between 1 and 10 on the back of each one, and laminate them
- Weaving Cones
- Place the shamrocks on top of weaving cones face down (or velcro to poles or on walls)
- Weave both sets of cones
- Practice whoaing at certain cones
- Then pick 4 cones with shamrocks on them to walk to and whoa, and add up the score as you go
- Keep track each rider’s points for the day and award a prize for the top score. Talk about luck and that its not a game of skill, therefore we may get negative points and that’s ok. We don’t always win and sometimes its just unlucky. Leprechans are tricky and can give us good or bad luck and we just have to go with the flow.
Note: This is not professional advice, this is a blog. I am not liable for what you do with or how you use this information. The activities explained in this blog may not be fit for every rider, riding instructor, or riding center depending on their current condition and resources. Use your best personal judgment!