Here’s a fun game from my friend Carrie at HorsePower!
How to make the game:
1) Find pictures of horse breeds
2) Cut them into two halves each in different ways (zig zag, squiggle, etc.)
3) Laminate each half and cut it out
4) Put velcro on the back (and velcro on the poles, if you haven’t already done that)
How to play the game:
1) Put poles and a barrel in the arena. Put the one half of each breed picture on the pole, and the other halves on the barrel.
2) Have the rider pick a piece off the barrel.
3) Have the rider ride from pole to pole to find the matching piece, and put it on the pole with it.
4) You can also do this to practice leading, as demonstrated by the last photo.
Enjoy! Thanks so much Carrie!
Note: This is not professional advice, this is a blog. I am not liable for what you do with or how you use this information. The activities explained in this blog may not be fit for every rider, riding instructor, or riding center depending on their current condition and resources. Use your best personal judgment!